Poynter has published a post detailing ‘10 ways to make your journalism job application better than everyone else’s‘.
Matt Thompson, editorial product manager at NPR, shares his 10 pointers, which include “even if I’m not following you on social media, assume I am”.
For additional advice see: ‘How to write a covering letter and CV’ and ‘how to prepare for a journalism job interview’, which include the perspectives of those recruiting for jobs at the BBC, the Telegraph, the Guardian and other titles.
If you have a tip you would like to submit to us at Journalism.co.uk email us using this link.
- #Tip of the day for journalists: CV writing pointers
- The Jobless Journalist: Week two: CVs and style guides
- Tricks and tips for journalism and editorial job hunting online – an update
- Grauniad.co.uk v Torygraph.co.uk: Round 374
- #Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk – links to lessons on using Pinterest