Each week social news wire Storyful is publishing a blog post outlining a key skill for journalists, and this week looks at ways to verify locations featured in a video using online tools. This includes reference to tools such as Google Translate, Panoramio, Google Maps, OpenStreetmap, Bing Maps and Flickr, as well as many more.
If you have a tip you would like to submit to us at Journalism.co.uk email us using this link.
- #Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk – verifying videos and images from social media
- App of the week for journalists – OS Grid Converter
- #Tip: Check out these 21 tips for ‘mobile ninjas’
- #Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk – using digital tools to report elections
- #Tip: How to start thinking digitally in your reporting