A number of news publishers have started to offer ebooks alongside their usual output, with content varying from original works produced especially for that platform, to collections of content offering a packaged reading experience, such as based on an overall theme or event.
In this week’s podcast, Journalism.co.uk editor Rachel McAthy speaks to three people who have entered the ebook market. The podcast looks at their approaches, and some of the lessons learnt so far.
The podcast hears from:
- Martin Belam, principal consultant at Emblem
- Michael Wolf, a vice president at GigaOM
- Daniel Ionescu, managing editor of The Lincolnite
Here is some background reading and information on some of the topics covered in the podcast
- The Lincolnite launches its first iBook
- GigaOM to help readers ‘delve deeper’ with new ebooks
- Value of non-fiction digital book sales increase by 128 per cent
- Martin Belam’s blog and ebooks
- Ebooks: a new publishing solution to an old business problem?
You can hear future podcasts by signing up to the Journalism.co.uk iTunes podcast feed.