The Storyful blog has a useful post on browsers: “the one internet tool that newsrooms use probably more often than any other”.
And Gavin Sheridan, Storyful’s innovation director, has a message for users of Internet Explorer 6.
These days, using IE6 in your newsroom isn’t just bad practice, it’s a professional hazard.
The post talks through the pros and cons of Firefox and Chrome. Read it in full at this link.
Storyful, a social media news agency, has great expertise in using internet research tools in newsgathering.
Related: Here’s our list of 10 incredibly useful browser extensions for journalists and 10 free apps in the Chrome web store that journalists should know about.
If you have a tip you would like to submit to us at Journalism.co.uk email us using this link.
- #Tip of the day for journalists: Read Storyful’s new ebook on social newsgathering
- #Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk – nine Chrome extensions worth knowing about
- #Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk – try SocialBro for real-time Twitter analytics
- #Tip: Useful tools for digital newsrooms in 2014
- #Tip of the day for journalists: Give the new Tweetdeck a second chance