At Hacks/Hackers Brighton this week Joanna Geary, digital development editor at the Guardian, shared her tips on five questions news outlets should ask themselves before starting a social media campaign or a project to engage with the online community.
Geary’s tips, which are explained in this post on Adam Tinworth’s blog, are:
1. Why are you doing community?
2. How are you measuring that?
3. Are you paying attention to the results?
4. Are you sharing what works?
5. Are you doing enough to support them?
It’s worth reading the full post to understand why the questions are important.
If you have a tip you would like to submit to us at Journalism.co.uk email us using this link.