At Hacks/Hackers Brighton this week Joanna Geary, digital development editor at the Guardian, shared her tips on five questions news outlets should ask themselves before starting a social media campaign or a project to engage with the online community.
Geary’s tips, which are explained in this post on Adam Tinworth’s blog, are:
1. Why are you doing community?
2. How are you measuring that?
3. Are you paying attention to the results?
4. Are you sharing what works?
5. Are you doing enough to support them?
It’s worth reading the full post to understand why the questions are important.
If you have a tip you would like to submit to us at Journalism.co.uk email us using this link.
- Comment: The NUJ and new media – ‘bloggers rejoice in lower standards’
- #Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk – recording a better interview
- FollowJourn: @adders/RBI head of blogging
- Joanna Geary: Microsharing – a future we’re ignoring?
- #Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk – Seven steps for building an online community