News outlets may have been creating podcasts for a number of years but they continue to evolve and innovate in their audio offerings and the platforms on which they distribute.
This podcast examines different styles of podcasting, and includes tips for news outlets thinking of experimenting in audio.
Journalism.co.uk technology editor Sarah Marshall speaks to:
- Chris Skinner, producer and presenter of the Olympic Games podcast from The Times
- Tom Standage, digital editor at the Economist
- Ben Fawkes, audio content manager as SoundCloud
You can hear future podcasts by signing up to the Journalism.co.uk iTunes podcast feed.
For more on podcasting here is a guide on how to become a podcaster. It may be from 2006 but much of it is still relevant.
- #Podcast: How news outlets use live Q&As to engage the audience
- #Podcast – Engaged storytelling: Top tips on building interactives for local and national media
- #jpod – Personalising the news experience: Publishers and social reader apps
- #Podcast – The visual story: Ideas for making the most of the digital image
- IOC approves blogging athletes for Beijing – with strict rules