This 10,000 Words blog post looks at the different ways news outlets flag up to their followers about the nature of the content they are tweeting, in this case breaking news but this could also relate to video or photos, for example.
The post addresses some of the common ways news outlets do this, such as breaking news in capital letters, or using the hashtag #breakingnews, and also offers “some questions to consider before adopting (or adapting) a new strategy for your own”.
If you have a tip you would like to submit to us at Journalism.co.uk email us using this link.
- #Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk – social media metrics
- #Podcast: Lessons in mobile-first news from Metro, Breaking News and Circa
- #Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk – breaking stories on Twitter
- #Tip of the day for journalists: Different ways to use Pinterest
- Sky News launches breaking news Twitter channel