All journalists make errors occasionally, but do they all know how to deal with corrections in the age of digital journalism and social media?
At Journalism.co.uk’s news:rewired – full stream ahead conference on Friday (13 July), Craig Silverman, founder, Regret the Error (now published on Poynter) shared his tips for dealing with corrections.
His tips include:
- Do not delete a tweet
- Be clear about what was wrong, and the correct information
- A correction is an act of promotion that builds trust
Here is the must-read list that is well worth bookmarking.
If you have a tip you would like to submit to us at Journalism.co.uk email us using this link.
- #Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk – carry out a corrections audit
- Reuters Handbook of Journalism: Don’t scoop the wire
- #Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk – driving traffic from YouTube
- #Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk – 30 specialist search engines
- Jon Slattery: Corrections of corrections of corrections