App of the week: Shhmooze
What is it? An iPhone app for networking at conferences, meetings and events
How is it of use to journalists? This app is for journalists who attend conferences. It’s app of the week this week as we are encouraging delegates to use it at Friday’s news:rewired digital journalism conference.
The app requires you to upload a profile picture (you will need an avatar-type picture on your phone) and you can then search for the event, check-in and see who else has done the same.
I first came across it and used it at the Guardian Activate Summit and found it useful.
If you are hosting an event you have to submit details manually and wait for approval.
Have you got a favourite app that you use as a journalist? Fill in this form to nominate an app for Journalism.co.uk’s app of the week for journalists.
- App of the week: 360 Panorama, for ‘multilayered storytelling’
- App of the week for journalists – Pro HDR, for better photos (without an iPhone 4S)
- App of the week for journalists – TCoder
- App of the week for journalists – Sonar, for finding contacts near you
- App of the week for journalists: AnalyticsPro