In this podcast we hear how Time.com and FT.com have each achieved more than one million followers on the platform in just seven months.
Journalism.co.uk technology editor Sarah Marshall speaks to:
- Cathy Sharick, managing editor of Time.com
- Bede McCarthy, executive editor of FT.com
- Sunny Hundal, founder of Rippla, which measures the social media ‘ripples’ of news stories
Sharick and McCarthy share their lessons, tips and future plans for Time magazine and the Financial Times Google+ pages and Hundal explains research he has carried out into the number of stories being shared on Google+.
Google+ at one: How Time magazine clocked up 1.2m followers
Financial Times clocks up 1m followers on Google+
Time magazine hosts its first Google+ Hangout On Air
The Stream holds open editorial meeting via Google+ Hangout
NYT opinion team experiments with Google+ Hangout
You can hear future podcasts by signing up to the Journalism.co.uk iTunes podcast feed.
- #Tip: Keep an eye out for the launch of Google Capture for Hangouts
- #Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk – hosting Google+ Hangouts On Air
- #Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk – how to host a Google+ Hangout On Air
- Searchmetrics: Financial Times is news outlet with most Google+ followers
- #Tip of the day for journalists: Watch Storyful’s Hangout on verifying Sandy footage