PaidContent has an article on five ways to monetise a niche audience, illustrating this by looking at what Breaking Media has been doing, which has a “badly behaved but valuable audience of lawyers and bankers”.
The five headlines are as follows:
- To connect with a niche audience, don’t just write about them — be them
- data-mining your readers
- Low technological barriers mean content is king (again)
- Display is not dead
- It’s ok to mix verticals
It is well worth reading PaidContent’s article in full as it explains each point.
- #Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk – how to define your blog’s target audience
- Two views on the future of blogging UK – granular quantity or ‘quality’ big blogs
- paidContent: Which news sites post the most stories and do they get more hits?
- virtualeconomics: Why a Telegraph paywall might just work
- #GEN2012: Netizine ‘turns magazines into social networks’