Journalists who use aggregation in their digital reporting are likely to find Steve Buttry’s guidelines for good practice useful.
Buttry, who blogs at The Buttry Diary, outlines advice on key issues such as linking out/attribution and how to “add value” to your aggregated posts, as well as matters relating to verification.
Earlier this month Journalism.co.uk produced this podcast on news outlet approaches to curation and aggregation.
Tipster: Rachel McAthy
If you have a tip you would like to submit to us at Journalism.co.uk email us using this link– we will pay a fiver for the best ones published.
- #Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk- pointers on curation best practice
- #jpod – News industry approaches to curation and aggregation
- #Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk – advice on freelancing in TV
- #Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk – using newsgames in journalism
- #Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk – kit checklist for mobile reporting