This week is Local Newspaper Week so a good time to take a look at how regional publishers are innovating in digital.
In this week’s Journalism.co.uk podcast, technology correspondent Sarah Marshall speaks to:
- Nigel Vincent, head of online editorial development at Newsquest
- Marc Cooper, head of publishing at Northcliffe Digital
- Ed Walker, senior digital producer, Trinity Mirror
They talk about how journalists working for the regional titles are approaching social media, data journalism and mobile – or iPad – reporting.
You can hear future podcasts by signing up to the Journalism.co.uk iTunes podcast feed.
- #Podcast – Meeting readers at the front door: lessons in news site homepage design
- #jpod – Personalising the news experience: Publishers and social reader apps
- #Podcast: How newsrooms are using social media analytics
- #Podcast – Lessons in online video for local, niche, national and international publishers
- #Podcast: Talking social media and interactives at Al Jazeera