Search Engine Watch has a post on the best times to post content via Twitter, Facebook and Tumblr. The post on social media optimisation states:
The best time to post content with a link on Twitter is 1 to 3pm EST Monday to Thursday. Over on Facebook, between 1 and 4pm mid-week is the sweet spot, while Tumblr users are more likely to click after 4pm and especially on Fridays.
The findings are based on graphs created by URL shortening service Bitly.
The article goes on to say:
Posting a link to Twitter after 3pm on a Friday is pretty much pointless, based on their cumulative data on the number of clicks on bitly links from each social network. Over on Facebook, traffic peaks mid-week, with Friday and weekend posts apt to receive far less attention. Posts between 8pm and 8am any day of the week are fighting an uphill battle for clicks.
- Bitly launches ‘bitmark’ social bookmarking service
- #Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk – how to get more Facebook likes, comments and shares
- #Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk – Why Facebook comments are worth more than likes
- Mashable: Monday is the worst time to post and tweet
- Five of the best Tumblr news blogs