App of the week: Topwrite
What is it? Topwrite allows you to write your message first and then decide whether to send it in an email, as SMS, post to Facebook or Twitter
How is it of use to journalists? Topwrite was created by a former journalist Jon Silk to create a “fast, no nonsense tool”.
I was walking down the street and thought of something I wanted to text my wife, so I hit the ‘messages’ app and started typing. Then I realised I wanted to share it more widely on Twitter and Facebook. By the time I’d copied and pasted and found the apps and logged in I’d a) got to where I was going and b) nearly walked into two lamposts in the process.
I wanted something easy to find (like a bright orange app icon in the top right of my home screen) that I could just hit and start typing. I wanted to worry about where to send my message after I’d typed it.
Have you got a favourite app that you use as a journalist? Fill in this form to nominate an app for Journalism.co.uk’s app of the week for journalists.
- Tool of the week for journalists – Facebook Search
- App of the week for journalists: Vodio, ‘Flipboard for video’
- App of the week for journalists: TweetCaster, a Twitter app with souped-up search
- App of the week for journalists – Glympse, for sharing your location
- Valleywag: Security hole in Twitter, others can send your direct messages