Poynter has a list of six ways journalists can clean their copy, commit fewer errors.
1. Assume your copy will be published exactly as you wrote it.
2. Read your copy aloud slowly — and listen carefully — before sending it.
3. Be fair.
4. Stop at every number.
5. Read your email and respond to it.
6. Keep a list and check it twice.
It is worth reading the notes which explain each point.
- #Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk – a browser extension for marking your reading point
- #Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk – how to define your blog’s target audience
- #Tip of the day for journalists: Save this list of verification tools
- #Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk – 30 specialist search engines
- App of the week for journalists: SoundNote, an iPad app for interviews