App of the week: Storyful
What is it? An iPhone app from social newswire Storyful to deliver the top stories from social media.
How is it of use to journalists? Want an easy way to track the top news stories on social media? Storyful’s new iPhone apps helps you search by top keywords (currently Cairo, Egypt and Obama), regions and date.
You are then presented with the stories as curated by the Storyful editorial team.
It can also link to StoryfulPro, the social newswire’s premium product which allows journalists to “find the most authentic voices and valuable content on the social web”.
- #Tip: Learn how to use Weibo to find Chinese stories
- #Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk – verifying videos and images from social media
- #Tip of the day for journalists: Read Storyful’s new ebook on social newsgathering
- Storify stories now on news reader app Pulse
- #GEN2012: ‘The most interesting people to be heard are those who do not have a blog’