Journalism.co.uk hears examples of how the social media community can set the news agenda, participate in the story, and how news organisations are using the passion and enthusiasm of the audience to shape output.
There are also examples of how a reader comment can turn into a headline and how the outlets are harnessing live activity streams.
Journalism.co.uk technology correspondent Sarah Marshall speaks to:
- Malika Bilal, digital producer and co-host of The Stream
- Jason Mills, editor of web development at ITV News
- Luke Lewis, editor of NME.com
You can hear future podcasts by signing up to the Journalism.co.uk iTunes podcast feed.
- #Podcast: Tips from Metro and NME on managing a Facebook page
- #jpod – Celebrating Local Newspaper Week: Innovations in digital at the regionals
- #jpod: How journalists are embracing Facebook subscribe
- #jpod: How journalists and publishers can best use Foursquare
- #jpod: How journalists can best use LinkedIn