We have previously recommended tutorials guiding you through Google Fusion Tables. Here is another one.
This tutorial, from Stanford University, is uses a csv file created by the Guardian containing the number of murders per month of the different municipalities in Mexico since 2006.
Journalism.co.uk runs training courses in data journalism led by Kevin Anderson. There are two levels: introduction to data journalism, being held on 9 or 28 May, and intermediate data journalism, which will run on 29 May.
This is the last time we will be offering this course led by Kevin Anderson due to his new role – so take advantage of the final opportunity to learn from this former BBC and Guardian journalist.
- #Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk – try this tutorial on using Google Fusion Tables
- #Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk – dive into the data journalism handbook
- #jpod – Open data and journalism: How and why journalists should be digging for stories
- #Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk – questions to ask of data you’re working with
- Tool of the week for journalists: Data.gov.uk’s map-based search