The LinkedIn blog has a guest post which includes advice for publishers in getting the most out of LinkedIn groups.
Monica Wright, community editor at Search Engine Land, shares her tips “that have fostered our group, and built a community that is nearly 40,000 members strong and engaged”.
She explains each of the following headlines in more detail in this post:
1. Set the ground rules
2. Disable news feeds
3. Enable promotions and jobs features
4. Seed the discussion
5. Solicit some help
6. Use manager’s choice
7. Cross-promote discussions
8. Participate in LinkedIn Today
There are an additional 10 tips for journalists from Journalism.co.uk.
Tipster: Sarah Marshall
If you have a tip you would like to submit to us at Journalism.co.uk email us using this link– we will pay a fiver for the best ones published.
- #Tip of the day for journalists: making more of LinkedIn
- #Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk – using LinkedIn as a journalist
- #Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk – LinkedIn advice for freelancers
- #Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk – eight tips on establishing yourself as a freelancer
- #Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk – 11 pointers on Facebook pages