We have used a free search tool called Wayback Machine, to search an archive of images of our home page over time.
To do the same, type the URL of your news site into Wayback Machine and then use the calendar to find crawled web pages from the archives.
Save a screen shot and then upload to the new-style Facebook page. To find out how to convert to the new style and add “milestones”, follow this helpful guide.
You can see how Journalism.co.uk has changed over time by clicking here and looking at our Facebook timeline.
This is what Journalism.co.uk looked like on 25 January 1999.
- #Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk – style guides for the web
- Yahoo releases Style Guide for writing and editing
- New York Times gets new-look Facebook page with timeline of 160-year history
- #Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk – how to improve video with shot sequences
- #Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk – How to check the score of your Facebook page