Flipboard, the iPad and iPhone app which creates a magazine out of friends’ social network updates, now supports the French language following its latest upgrade to version 1.8.
Although a French content guide was released in December, this is the first time that the app’s core text has been translated into another language.
Also included in this update is the popular Cover Stories personalised feed feature, which highlights content curated from friends’ reading links. Cover Stories was first introduced on the iPhone edition of Flipboard.
Readers of Flipboard in the U.K., Canada, Australia, Ireland, France, Hong Kong and Taiwan can also access country-specific international content guides.
According to Flipboard’s latest press release, other new features include:
- A third page of tiles provides a home for all your favorite content. This is one of the most-requested features from Flipboard fans.
- New typography and photo layouts will make your Flipboard even more beautiful.
- Easy set-up lets you pick topics of interest and instantly build your Flipboard with great stuff to read.
- International Content Guides offer hundreds of recommendations for readers in the UK and Ireland, Canada, Australia, France, Hong Kong and Taiwan. Tap on the red ribbon to choose your Content Guide edition.
- All-new French-language edition. We launched a French Content Guide back in December, but now the app itself is in French, too. You’ll get it if your device language is set to French.
- South China Morning Post (via Editors Weblog): Hong Kong business papers launch paid-for websites
- Time Out launches Kuala Lumpur site, Hong Kong launch imminent
- World’s first social magazine launches on iPad
- #news2011: Hong Kong chief executive calls on media to ‘take advantage of what we have to offer’
- MediaGuardian: France24 to supply English language content to Independent.co.uk