The Times has unveiled an experimental new web application that aims to bring the “newspaper-like” tablet reading experience to ordinary web browsers.
The app, which currently works on Google Chrome and Safari, will be available for a two-week trial from today. Described as “like reading the newspaper, but with all the interactivity of the web”, it features enhanced graphics, picture galleries and videos.
Times web development editor Lucia Adams said on Twitter: “Readers told us they loved the linear reading of our tablet app, so we made it for the web too.”
Existing Times subscribers can test it out here.
- #FollowJourn: @luciatimes/web development editor
- #wef12: Six lessons in tablet storytelling
- #Podcast – Paywall pointers: Digital subscription lessons for news outlets
- #Podcast – Digital lessons and opportunities for long-form journalism
- #mobilemedia11: Over 55s with iPads are ‘sweet spot’ for Telegraph