Sky News correspondent Nick Martin has some advice for journalists using a mobile phone to record video.
He shared his tips at last week’s news:rewired journalism conference.
According to this post on three pieces of advice for journalists reporting using a mobile phone, Martin advises:
2. Don’t panic!
3. Use mobile reporting only when it was appropriate, explaining “that it is not worth setting up a tripod and XLR cables for an iPhone when the cameraman is just five minutes away”.
If you have a tip you would like to submit to us at Journalism.co.uk email us using this link– we will pay a fiver for the best ones published.
- #Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk – tools for journalists from CES 2012
- #Tip: Follow Sky News reporter in using Bambuser to livestream video
- #Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk
- #Tip: Mobile reporting pointers and app advice
- #Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk – kit checklist for mobile reporting