Topsy is a is search option recommended by Nicola Hughes, Knight-Mozilla Fellow at the Guardian during a workshop on searching social media at last week’s news:rewired conference.
It is also a previous Journalism.co.uk tool of the week.
Topsy is “one of the only Twitter search tools that has Tweets older than two weeks”, Hughes explained.
In order to research and verify images, Hughes advised putting images in to Topsy to see if they have been previously shared.
The full list of mentions of “Topsy” and #newsrw (the conference hashtag) are at this Topsy link.
If you have a tip you would like to submit to us at Journalism.co.uk email us using this link– we will pay a fiver for the best ones published.
- #Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk – how to verify tweets
- #Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk – 11 social network search engines
- #Tip of the day for journalists: Researching with Google Images
- #Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk – 30 specialist search engines
- #Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk – experiment with ‘hashtag science’