When is the best time to post a news story to Facebook? That was a question answered by Nate Lanxon, editor of Wired.co.uk, at Friday’s news:rewired journalism conference.
According to Lanxon, these times to post on the Wired.co.uk Facebook page – which he considers a “behind-the-scenes fan club” for Wired readers – are best:
- First thing in the morning when you get into the office;
- Lunch time;
- Between 5 and 5.30p.m.
There are more tips from the session on social media optimisation at this link.
If you have a tip you would like to submit to us at Journalism.co.uk email us using this link– we will pay a fiver for the best ones published.
- #Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk: timing your Facebook posts
- Mashable: How to work out the best time to post on your Facebook page
- #Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk – improving political reporting with social media
- #Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk – the Facebook + Journalists page
- #Tip of the day for journalists: mobile reporting pointers