Developments in technology relating to social, local and mobile and how they can intersect have come together in a “perfect storm”, Sarah Hartley, community strategist for the Guardian Media Group explains in this week’s podcast.
Journalism.co.uk technology correspondent Sarah Marshal looks at SoLoMo and the opportunities for news.
The jpod hears from Sarah Hartley about the Guardian’s n0tice start-up; Jamie Riddell, CEO of Digital Tomorrow Today, investor in apps and freelance technology columnist for Archant’s East Anglian Daily Times; and Lee Williams, general manager of Northcliffe Digital, who heads up the Local People sites, a group of hyperlocal sites launched in 2009.
You can hear future podcasts by signing up to the Journalism.co.uk iTunes podcast feed.
- #Podcast: How news outlets are bringing content ‘to life’ with augmented reality
- HTFP: Archant Suffolk journalists to pool content, write for online ‘editions’
- New look for Archant’s Eastern Daily Press
- #Podcast – A look at the new Windows 8 apps from the New York Times, Financial Times and other outlets
- Northcliffe Digital statement on Local People sites restructure