According to Poynter’s Mallory Jean Tenore, ABC News is doing a particularly good job among US news networks of building a strong social media presence, using a small but dedicated team.
There are some useful tips for organisations looking to do the same as Tenore looks at how ABC has bolstered its social media profile, from specific tools like social media contests, to the tone employed by staff, to running open internal training sessions and simply getting staff on Twitter.
Tipster: Joel Gunter
If you have a tip you would like to submit to us at Journalism.co.uk email us using this link – we will pay a fiver for the best ones published.
- #Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk – training journalists in social media
- #Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk: building news timelines
- #Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk – improving political reporting with social media
- #Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk – fighting misinformation on social media
- #Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk: making Twitter @ replies public