App of the week: Voddio
Operating systems: Apple (iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad)
Cost: Free (you will need to pay £2.49 to unlock the sending and sharing functions)
What is it and how is it of use to journalists?
Voddio allows you to record and edit audio and video in multitrack and produce audio slideshows.
It is the latest app from Vericorder, which makes apps for journalists, and combines the functionality from its other paid-for apps – 1st Video, VC Audio Pro and Showcase – in a single app, which is free to download.
Voddio has has the ability to produce richer slideshows than earlier app Showcase, introducing titles and transitions for images.
After testing and creating audio, video and slideshows users can then opt to pay to unlock the sending and sharing functions.
There are not enough ratings to display an average star rating.
Have you got a favourite app that you use as a journalist? Fill in this form to nominate an app for Journalism.co.uk’s app of the week for journalists.
- App of the week for journalists – Showcase, for creating audio slideshows
- #Tip of the day for journalists – making audio slideshows
- John D. McHugh ‘War in multimedia’ – livestreamed from the Frontline Club @ 7pm
- App of the week for journalists: Vodio, ‘Flipboard for video’
- App of the week for journalists: Splice, an easy video editor