The Media Helping Media site has published a copy of a useful guide for those starting out in radio, which the post says was produced for the Media Resources and Training Centre at the University of Jaffna in Sri Lanka, outlining key issues for journalists to consider when writing news scripts.
The advice includes a look at the pros and cons of writing a script before or after carrying out interviews, as well as construction a powerful introduction and close to the script.
Tipster: Rachel McAthy
If you have a tip you would like to submit to us at Journalism.co.uk email us using this link – we will pay a fiver for the best ones published.
- #Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk – the pros and cons of videojournalism
- #Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk – use Posterous for quick and easy blogging
- #Tip of the day for journalists: Browser advice
- #Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk – responsibly reporting deaths
- CMLP: Is liveblogging a trial journalism?