App of the week: TinyVox
Operating systems: Apple (iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad) and Android
Cost: £0.69 / £1.27
What is it and how is it of use to journalists? TinyVox allows you to record audio, add text and share the mp3 recording via email, Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr and SoundCloud.
Designed to look like a dictaphone, the app is a handy way for journalists to record interviews or memos and add associated written notes.
It is worth clicking the settings button and making recordings “high quality”, if you want broadcast-quality audio.
Audio is also posted online to a unique URL (the app should not be used for confidential recordings), which includes additional sharing options and the ability to embed the player within a post.
Ratings: Apple has not yet received enough reviews to rate the app.
Have you got a favourite app that you use as a journalist? Fill in this form to nominate an app for Journalism.co.uk’s app of the week for journalists.
- App of the week for journalists – DropVox, for saving audio to Dropbox
- App of the week for journalists – Voddio, for slideshows and video
- App of the week for journalists – iRig Recorder, for recording, trimming and sharing audio
- App of the week for journalists – VC Audio Pro, a must-have for radio journalists
- App of the week for journalists – Showcase, for creating audio slideshows