Video journalist Adam Westbrook has shared a presentation online with 10 tips for recording a better interview.
Written for students at Kingston University, the tips are aimed at broadcast journalists.
- Know your character before starting your story
- Ask warm up questions to make interviewees feel comfortable
- Be enthusiastic – but silent
- Ask double-barrelled questions
Westbrook’s 10 tips for recording a better video (or audio) interview are at this link.
Adam Westbrook will be presenting in a session on online video at news:rewired – media in motion on 3 February. The news:rewired agenda is here.
Tipster: Sarah Marshall
If you have a tip you would like to submit to us at Journalism.co.uk email us using this link– we will pay a fiver for the best ones published.
- #Tip: Watch this video on how to make a film
- #Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk – how to perform integrated storytelling
- Newsleader: Winners of the ‘Talkies’ 2009
- #Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk – avoiding common video storytelling mistakes
- #Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk – how to get started as a multimedia journalist