The debate around the need for reform of the UK’s self-regulation of the press returned to the spotlight this week, as industry representatives joined to discuss the issue at the Society of Editors conference on Monday and Tuesday. Following the event we spoke to a number of leading journalism figures, to hear their views and find out where the industry may go from here.
In this week’s #jpod news editor Rachel McAthy speaks to editor of the Independent Chris Blackhurst, group managing director of Northcliffe Media Steve Auckland, director of the Press Complaints Commission Stephen Abell and director of the Media Standards Trust Martin Moore.
You can hear future podcasts by signing up to the Journalism.co.uk iTunes podcast feed.
- #jpod: How Apple’s Newsstand is revolutionising the publishing industry
- #Podcast: What skills do journalists need in the newsroom of 2013?
- #Podcast: Industry experts share predictions for digital journalism in 2013
- #Podcast – A look at the new Windows 8 apps from the New York Times, Financial Times and other outlets
- #Podcast – Lessons in podcasting from The Times, Economist and SoundCloud