App of the week: 1st Video
Operating systems: Apple (iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad)
What is it and how is it of use to journalists? Shell out for this app and you will have a video editing suite in your pocket.
1st Video allows you to record or import video and edit in multitrack and upload the video to YouTube or transfer it to another device on the same wireless network.
It is used by the BBC 5 Live reporter Nick Garnett, according to a post by him on the BBC College of Journalism site, for broadcasting audio and editing packages. Another app, VC Audio Pro which is made by the same developer, Vericorder, and has also featured as a Journalism.co.uk app of the week will suffice if you want to create an audio only edited report.
Journalism.co.uk has a guide on how to shoot and edit video on an iPhone using 1st Video.
Reviews: It gets 3.5 stars in iTunes App Store
Have you got a favourite app that you use as a journalist? Fill in this form to nominate an app for Journalism.co.uk’s app of the week for journalists.
- App of the week for journalists – VC Audio Pro, a must-have for radio journalists
- App of the week for journalists – Showcase, for creating audio slideshows
- App of the week for journalists – Voddio, for slideshows and video
- Five tips from a radio journalist who reports solely from an iPhone and iPad
- App of the week for journalists: Splice, an easy video editor