The AFP Foundation will give away 25 laptops to journalists in developing countries or working in exile in a collaboration with Reporters Without Borders (RSF).
In a press release French news agency AFP said the computers will go to journalists “facing particular hardship”. They will be given to RSF on Friday.
Jean-François Julliard, secretary general of RSF added:
We are grateful to the Foundation for its contribution to press freedom. Computers represent independent information which can be passed on and shared. We thank AFP for its support.
- Reporters Without Borders secretary-general to step down in new year
- Marking the World Day Against Cyber Censorship
- RSF: Co-founder of Reporters Without Borders resigns from post
- RSF: RSF reps refused entry to Moscow on eve of Politkovskaya anniversary
- NUJ release video showing police treatment of journalists