App of the week: Capture [iTunes link]
Operating systems: Apple (iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad). The app only works with a device with a video camera and running iOS 4 / iOS 5.
What is it and how is it of use to journalists? Capture is a single-click video recording app that is worth having on your home screen.
Tap the app and it automatically starts recording, making it ideal for capturing breaking news.
Videos save to your photo album, where you can trim and email, MMS or send to YouTube.
Reviews: It gets five stars in Apple’s App Store
Have you got a favourite app that you use as a journalist? Fill in this form to nominate an app for Journalism.co.uk’s app of the week for journalists.
- App of the week for journalists – TCoder
- App of the week for journalists: Splice, an easy video editor
- App of the week for Journalists – Klip, a great new iPhone app for video sharing
- App of the week for journalists: Vodio, ‘Flipboard for video’
- App of the week for journalists – iRig Recorder, for recording, trimming and sharing audio