For the rest of this week I will be reporting from the World Editors Forum in Vienna, covering the panel sessions, report presentations and debates which kick off today. This year’s conference will look at “the multiple facets of an editor’s job”, from businessman to community manager, and the ways to perform best in each role while maintaining good content.
The digital world of news is rapidly changing and the opportunities for newspapers, as well as the challenges that accompany them, are undergoing constant evolution. How can newspapers continue to fulfill their core mission of producing high quality journalism, and even improve on it, despite the myriad of new responsibilities of their editors?
Coverage of the event will be posted on Journalism.co.uk and the Editors’ Blog, and you can also follow my tweets on some of the sessions from @journalism_live.
- #wef11: ‘Publishers need to focus on quality journalism on all platforms’
- #news2011: Follow the Global Editors Network summit in Hong Kong
- #WANIndia2009: Coverage of the World Association of Newspapers’ conference and World Editors Forum
- Event: Reuters hosts social media Q&A with Lib Dem’s Nick Clegg – take part!
- 140conf: Follow the event here