It seems Adam Werrity isn’t the only one to have been caught using a business card he shouldn’t have. The Daily Mail, unable to obtain their own picture of Werrity’s now-infamous “Advisor to Rt. Hon. Liam Fox MP” card, simply scanned the Guardian’s. But this wasn’t a right-click-save-image-as off the Guardian website, some enterprising staffer at the Mail actually scanned it right off the newspaper. Brilliant.
The copy was spotted by blogger Tim Ireland, who made his discovery after about 10 seconds’ sleuthing. See his damning evidence from Mail Online below.
- Changing the cover price on the newsstand
- Commenters accuse Mail of image misuse – a bigger missed opportunity for publishers?
- Daily Mail was ‘late online’ admits chief exec, as new site moves out of beta
- How not to fall for a hoax like ‘IE6 users are dumb’
- #Tip of the day for journalists: Save to Drive Chrome extension