The Next Web has a helpful post for anyone thinking of starting a blog. It’s also a useful checklist to enable current bloggers to take stock. The tips are illustrated with examples so it is worth reading the Next Web’s full post which will help you consider each point in this summary list.
1. Work out and define your target audience;
2. Be aware of readers outside of your target audience;
3. Reach beyond your target audience by explaining terms and acronyms your regular readers understand;
4. Work out your target demographic;
5. Work out what your niche audience wants to read about;
6. Understand what else your audience is reading.
7. Be open to the idea that your niche and your audience might change.
Tipster: Sarah Marshall
If you have a tip you would like to submit to us at Journalism.co.uk email us using this link – we will pay a fiver for the best ones published.