This post on the 10,000 Words blog acts as a useful reminder about the importance of offline meetings and events to connect those who have previously only met online before, and help drive future engagement on the internet.
… instead of reflexively throwing together an “awareness campaign” via Facebook Ads, consider how an off-line event such as a meeting or organized outing to a relevant event might impact the page.
When people who have interacted online, are suddenly brought together in an offline environment, often there is a stronger bond that is created. People feel more connected to the cause or the topic that is bringing them together, because they’re being connected with other like-minded people.
Tipster: Rachel McAthy
If you have a tip you would like to submit to us at Journalism.co.uk email us using this link – we will pay a fiver for the best ones published.
- #Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk – Set up a Twitter ‘email digest’
- #Tip: This tool will send you an SMS if your site goes offline
- #Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk – 10 tips for building community on social media
- #newsrw: A great Storify of news:rewired highlights
- #Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk – use Storify’s new search feature