Poynter has a handy guide for improving your grasp of site stats using real-time analytics tool Newsbeat.
Newsbeat combines the functionality of Chartbeat with added features. For example, you can see how every article or page is performing. Chartbeat only shows the 20 most active pages. Plus, Newsbeat enables you to create personalized staff logins. So, for example, reporters’ logins can default to their articles, and editors’ logins can default to their sections.
See some of the advantages to using Newsbeat and a full guide to setting up Newsbeat at this link.
Tipster: Joel Gunter
If you have a tip you would like to submit to us at Journalism.co.uk email us using this link – we will pay a fiver for the best ones published.
- Poynter: How to set up Newsbeat, real-time analytics tool for news sites
- #Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk – using Facebook for leads
- #Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk – unfollowing and making lists on Twitter
- #Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk – Five steps to building a more engaged audience
- Newsbeat, an analytics tool just for news sites, launches