This post on Poynter offers some useful tips on how to strengthen communication between data journalists and coders or, in their words, “data geeks”, in order to produce better journalism.
When reporters, data geeks and coders combine forces, we can tell stories using alternative forms and dive deeper into information than we would be able to on our own.
Journalism.co.uk’s next digital journalism conference, news:rewired – connected journalism, will feature a session looking at newsroom architecture and seek to uncover the new opportunities for collaboration between different roles and departments. Find out more here.
Tipster: Rachel McAthy
If you have a tip you would like to submit to us at Journalism.co.uk email us using this link – we will pay a fiver for the best ones published.
- #Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk – free collaboration tools for journalists
- #Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk – open data in local journalism
- #Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk – using spreadsheets for data stories
- Journalism.co.uk signs up Press Association as event partner
- #bbcsms: Use data to inform newsroom decisions, says panel