If you are trying to nail that all important 100 words per minute at Teeline or if your shorthand is a bit rusty and you are in need of a refresher, there is a handy iTunes podcast feed called Machine Speed Shorthand to help.
You can search for “Teeline” in iTunes and download podcasts with scripts read at various speeds so that you can practice using your iPhone, iPod, iPad or other mp3 player while on the train when you find yourself with a spare few minutes.
There are also three shorthand dictations available – at 40, 50 and 60 words per minute – in iTunes U
The podcasts appear to have stopped being produced and the quality of the recordings is not great but they still provide a handy free resource for those learning Teeline.
Tipster: Sarah Marshall
If you have a tip you would like to submit to us at Journalism.co.uk email us using this link – we will pay a fiver for the best ones published.
- Shorthand week – a quick competition
- Too old to become a journalist: Shorthand – a new hope
- #Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk – use Transcribe for typing quotes from audio
- App of the week for journalists – TinyVox, for recording and sharing audio notes
- #Tip: Sign up to Journalism.co.uk’s weekly podcasts