Visual.ly is a new platform to allow you to explore and share data visualisations.
According to the video below, it is two things: a platform to upload and promote your own visualisations and a space to connect “dataviz pros”, advertisers and publishers.
You will soon be able to create your own “beautiful visualisations in minutes” and will “instantly apply the graphics genius of the world’s top information designers to your designs”, the site promises.
Plug and play, then grab and go with our push-button approach to visualisation creation.
The sample images are impressive, but journalists will have to wait until they can upload their own data.
You can, however, “Twitterize yourself” and create an image based on your Twitter metrics.
- Visual.ly illustrates the evolution of open data
- BuzzData, a ‘social network for people who work with data’
- Tool of the week for journalists: Tableau Public, for data visualisations
- #media140 – Impure visual data tool to tell the story
- #Tip: Try creating a CV infographic based on your LinkedIn profile