The Online Journalism Blog explains how to collaborate (or crowdsource) by combining Delicious and Google Docs.
In a Google Docs spreadsheet the formula =importfeed will pull information from an RSS feed and put it into that spreadsheet. Titles, links, datestamps and other parts of the feed will each be separated into their own columns.
When combined with Delicious, this can be a useful way to collect together pages that have been bookmarked by a group of people, or any other feed that you want to analyse.
You can follow the step-by-step guide by going to this link.
Tipster: Sarah Marshall
If you have a tip you would like to submit to us at Journalism.co.uk email us using this link – we will pay a fiver for the best ones published.
- #Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk – setting up a Tumblr blog
- #Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk – How to request a Google+ profile for your news site
- Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk – get linking
- Travel Trade Gazette using Google Docs to engage readers in debate
- #Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk – efficiency tools for journalists