Channel 4 News is to launch a new iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch app on Friday. Developers are currently working on an Android version.
The free app allows users to watch catch-up videos for seven days. Content can be accessed via a 3G or wifi connection and can be viewed when devices are offline.
You can see Jon Snow promoting the app in this video:
The app will allow users to access the latest top domestic and international news stories, plus the most important news from the worlds of politics, science and technology, business and culture from the Channel 4 News team of correspondents and reporters; all the Channel 4 News blogs, including Cathy Newman’s FactCheck and the World News Blog; special reports and galleries (iPad only); and to watch video of the last seven days from the Channel 4 News at 7pm and noon programmes.
The app will allow users to share all of this content through social media and email.
- FT.com gets go ahead for iPad app
- DNA09: Event host Richard Gizbert on making a living from media-gazing
- #Tip: Remember these science writing tips for getting more from a study
- Media release: The Scotsman launches £7.99-a-month iPad app
- Washington Post and Newsweek prepare websites for convention coverage