In this week’s feature podcast Journalism.co.uk’s technology correspondent Sarah Marshall looks at how journalists can use Facebook pages to connect with sources and readers and increase traffic to news sites.
- Vadim Lavrusik, Facebook’s new journalist programme manager explains how pages can be used for showcasing their work;
- Visiting professor at City University, London and part time course leader for the MA in Online Journalism at Birmingham City Paul Bradshaw tells us what he has learnt from a month-long experiment of using his Facebook page as a blog;
- Jack Riley, head of digital audience and content development at the Independent, explains how the news site has cracked the Facebook code with a 430 per cent rise in referrals from Facebook to its website.
- #followjourn: @_JackRiley – Jack Riley/digital media editor
- Online Journalism Blog: What should an MA in Online Journalism teach?
- Facebook lessons: from Paul Bradshaw and PageLever
- Facebook study finds Independent’s content was shared and liked 136,000 times in one month
- Independent launches site redesign and new iPad app