In this week’s feature podcast Journalism.co.uk’s news editor Rachel McAthy looks at the different issues facing local and foreign journalists in countries across the world, reflecting on the impact of the Arab Spring and other ongoing conflicts.
The podcast includes interviews with the Guardian’s Egypt correspondent Jack Shenker, Committee to Protect Journalists consultant Elisabeth Witchel and Al Jazeera English’s head of news gathering Heather Allan.
With thanks to the Guardian for providing Shenker’s audio.
- #jpod in depth: How some news outlets are going it alone in the world of WikiLeaks
- Index on Censorship: Russian journalist defeats libel claim
- BBC: Detained reporter is ‘physically and psychologically frail’
- BBC and CPJ: Mexican journalist, wife and son shot dead
- #jpod in depth: Strikers on BBC picket lines