Channel 4 News presenter Krishnan Guru-Murthy has an good post up on those awkward questions that tend to come toward the end of an interview, like asking Brown about bullying, Trump about toupées, or Pryce about penalty points.
Somehow the slightly awkward ones often fall on my days in the chair – those interviews about one thing with somebody currently famous for another, when colleagues say “obviously you’re going to ask about the sex change” as I walk into the studio when we are really supposed to be talking about credit default swaps.
- BBC Cojo: When to step into a story, and when to walk away
- Krishnan Guru-Murthy: ‘It is partly our fault’ response to Ed Miliband interview
- The Sun launches ‘multimedia studio’ with video webchat
- Sarah Hartley: BBC offers experimental programming format – too soon?
- Overheard something humorous in your newsroom?