Listen below for this week’s news round-up from Journalism.co.uk’s senior reporter Rachel McAthy and sign up to our iTunes podcast feed for future audio.
This week’s podcast looks at: Guardian Media Group’s announcement that it is now a digital-first organisation, amid confirmation that it lost £33 million in the last financial year and is seeking to make £25 million worth of savings over the next five years; calls from the Foreign Office for an independent investigation into alleged war crimes uncovered by Channel 4; and an announcement from the BBC that it has begun the sale of the iconic Television Centre.
We’re currently looking at ways to develop this podcast, let us know by email of your ideas on topics you would like to see covered more in depth in the future.
- Guardian: ‘This was not a redundancy announcement’
- #Podcast: Talking social media and interactives at Al Jazeera
- HelpMeInvestigate.com looks at campaign expenses after Goldsmith case
- #jpod in depth: A look at threats to press freedom around the world
- BBC’s international news sites attract 13m weekly unique users